Ozaukee County Sheriff's Office
Reason for Announcement:
• Monitor activity within assigned patrol area, taking necessary enforcement or assistance action as appropriate to specific incidents that occur.
• Self-initiate appropriate activity when not involved with assigned tasks.
• Respond to and take appropriate action when given specific assignments.
• Properly document actions and follow applicable reporting and administrative requirements.
• Promptly and appropriately communicate information concerning activities and observations.
• Learn, develop, and appropriately apply general law enforcement skills.
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver's license
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- Good physical condition
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- U.S. citizen
- Must move within an adjacent county of Ozaukee County within 6 months of completing probation; probation is 1 year
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Physical Fitness/Agility Screening
- Psychological Examination
- Residency Required
- Vision Examination
- Written Exam
How to Apply:
1201 S Spring Street
Port Washington, WI 53074