WILENET, the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Network, is a password-protected Internet web site, which provides information of interest to law enforcement agencies in the state. Due to the sensitive nature of some of the information on WILENET, as well as contractual agreements with certain information providers, access to this site is restricted to Wisconsin certified law enforcement, jail, and secure juvenile detention officers, and the following personnel:
- Persons involved in the training of law enforcement personnel such as academy directors and instructors certified by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board.
- Wisconsin tribal law enforcement officers following a written request on agency letterhead from the agency's chief executive.
- Dispatchers, telecommunicators, police clerks and support staff employed by law enforcement agencies and/or the municipal court following a written request on agency letterhead from the agency's chief executive.
- District attorneys, assistant district attorneys and their support staff following a written request on agency letterhead from the district attorney.
- Municipal attorneys upon written request from the chief of police of the municipality.
- Judges upon written request.
- Federal law enforcement officers and support staff assigned to a Wisconsin field office following a written request on agency letterhead from the agency's local agent/supervisor-in-charge.
How to request access
First, contact your supervisor or local ACADIS administrator. They can initiate the registration process on your behalf. Next you will be provided a link to complete the registration process online. Alternatively, if you do not have a local ACADIS administrator, then you can request access via regular mail or fax instead.
Written requests MUST include the following:
- Full name, including middle initial, of the person needing access to WILENET.
- That person's social security number. This number is used to confirm the person's identity during registration.
- That person's birthdate.
- An e-mail address for notification after the request has been completed.
- Agency letterhead and signature of the chief executive of the agency.
Written requests can be mailed or faxed to:
Training & Standards Bureau
PO Box 7070
Madison, WI 53707-7070
The WILENET main page (https://wilenet.widoj.gov/) and the links from that page are open to the general public.