Cottage Grove Police Dept
The Cottage Grove Police Department is actively recruiting for the position of Police Officer. The Village of Cottage Grove population is about 8,854 and located in the east central part of Dane County. Cottage Grove serves as the gateway between the Madison metro area and the I-94 Madison/Milwaukee corridor. The Village is home to beautiful parks, top schools, various commercial and business complexes, and diverse residential settings. The Cottage Grove Police Department is led by Chief Mark W. Garry II, and currently allocated a sworn staff of eighteen full-time officers and two full-time support staff. Come join our team as we grow with the community. Members of the department are encouraged to participate in various departmental specialties which include Field Training Officers, Bicycle Patrol, Use of Force Instructors, and additional roles as the agency continues to grow with the community.
Reason for Announcement:
Preventive and Directed patrol enforcement of Federal, State and Local laws; Obtain, verify and report on information; Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls; Ability to perform the physical functions of a police officer in a community-oriented environment.
Lateral Transfer Program Details:
Lateral Transfers are addressed by the current contract to be eligible for accelerated pay and vacation. In addition, they may be eligible for $5,000 hiring bonus if they have a minimum of three years full time experience.
- Clothing Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Education Incentive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Personal Days (3)
- 1% for AA/AS, 2% BA/BS, and 4% graduate degree pay incentives
- 6 on - 3 off work schedule, 8.0-hour work shift
- EAP Program
- Sick leave one day per month for a total of 180 days
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver's license
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- Good driving record
- Good physical condition
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- U.S. citizen
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Minimum Age:
- Must live within 25 miles of Village boundary within 18 months of appointment to position.
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Physical Fitness/Agility Screening
- Psychological Examination
- Vision Examination
- Written Exam
- If you are interested in a career with the Cottage Grove Police Department, submit a letter of interest, resume, and the current version of DJ-LE-330 (rev. 6/2022) application (no need to answer essay questions in Section 6) available on WILENET
- Administrative Service Manager Callie Wiegel via email (email@example.com) or in person at Cottage Grove Police Department, 210 Progress Drive, Suite 1 Cottage Grove, WI 53527.
- Inquires can be made to Chief Mark W. Garry II (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (608) 839-4652
- Note: Process may include – Written exam; Physical agility exam; Oral interviews; Medical exam; Drug exam; Psychological profile; Background investigation.
- Agency reserves the right to utilize some and/or all of the aforementioned processes during the selection of eligible candidates.
210 Progress Drive, Suite 1
Cottage Grove, WI 53527