Sworn Reserve Deputy Sheriff
Door County Sheriff's Office
Hours are not guaranteed each week
Reason for Announcement:
Under the general direction of the Sheriff, Chief Deputy, Professional Standards Captain, Field Services Lieutenant, and the Reserve Deputy Supervisor. The Reserve Coordinator is the direct supervisor. This position is responsible for enforcing all state, county, and federal laws and regulations; investigates criminal activities; assists citizens; and investigates accidents; makes arrests; does criminal & process serving; completes routine public relations activities. Regular attendance and punctuality along with being prepared to commence work at designated work locations, on the assigned or scheduled days and hours is expected. Responsible for providing truthful and accurate written and verbal communications.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Driver's license
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- Good driving record
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- U.S. citizen
- Minimum Age:
- Sixty (60) college credits from an accredited college or university in criminal justice or related field, preferred.
- Wisconsin Law Enforcement certified, or certifiable within 6 months of graduation from an accredited criminal justice program.
- Successful completion of Sworn Reserve Deputy – Field Training Officer (FTO) training and evaluation program..
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Physical Fitness/Agility Screening
- Psychological Examination
- Residency Required
How to Apply:
421 Nebraska St
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235