Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office
Reason for Announcement:
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of correctional duties: To safeguard and supervise inmates; To maintain discipline and enforcement rules and regulations in the County criminal justice or adult correctional facilities.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Clothing Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Vision Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); Accident/Illness/Disability Insurance; Personal/Sick Time Off; Employee Assistance Program; Tuition Reimbursement; Commuter Value Bus Pass Program.
- U.S. citizen
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- No felony convictions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Minimum Age:
- College level course work in law enforcement, criminal justice, psychology, sociology, education or social work preferred.
- Candidates should expect to be assigned to all shifts, holidays and weekends. Required and/or mandatory overtime does occur. Some positions may require qualifying with a service weapon on a regular basis.
How to Apply:
821 West State Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233