Wisconsin Department of Corrections
Reason for Announcement:
Upon completion of paid training, will perform security related tasks in the institution. Will direct and monitor inmate behavior, counsel inmates, maintain records, conduct personal searches, may provide inmate transportation in a State vehicle to/from other facilities.
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Clothing Allowance
- After training pay increase to $18.65. Institution add-on pay available.
- Ability to possess a firearm
- No felony convictions
- No domestic abuse convictions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Minimum Age:
- Pass a medical exam and pre-work screen physical assessment.
How to Apply:
3099 E Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53704