Ozaukee County Sheriff's Office
Reason for Announcement:
• Dispatchers work a revolving schedule; on five days, off two days, on four days, off two days.
• Shift extensions are possible.
• Dispatchers must be able to multitask and deal effectively with different personality types.
• They must remain in control of their own emotions so they can help the caller or victims remain calm.
• Candidates will train on all three shifts and will fill openings on second and third shifts.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required, as well as strong communication skills.
• Must have the ability to speak clearly and coherently.
• Must be proficient on a computer, with excellent data entry skills and have experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Experience in radio dispatching preferred. Candidates will be required to participate in a situation based computer exam / Criticall.
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver's license
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- No felony convictions
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- Minimum Age:
- Ability to keyboard/type words per
Ability to keyboard/type words per minute36
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Physical Fitness/Agility Screening
- Psychological Examination
- Vision Examination
- Written Exam
How to Apply:
1201 S Spring Street
Port Washington, WI 53074