Columbus Police Dept
This posting is to fill 2 vacancies. Accepting applications from those who have been through a Wisconsin police academy AND those who have not. Those who have not will be put through by our department, which begins January 4, 2022.
Reason for Announcement:
These 2 positions are for uniformed patrol officers, responding to calls for service, enforcing state laws, local ordinances, investigations, traffic enforcement, report writing, court testimony, and any other duties as assigned.
- Clothing Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- 3 additional floating personnel holidays.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver's license
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- Good driving record
- Good physical condition
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- U.S. citizen
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Minimum Age:
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Physical Fitness/Agility Screening
- Psychological Examination
- Residency Required
- Vision Examination
- Written Exam
- Written test and 1st round interviews scheduled for November 6.
- Must reside within 30 miles of the City of Columbus within 6 months completion of probationary period.
- Wages quoted are effective January 1, 2022.
105 N. Dickason Blvd
Columbus, WI 53925