Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
Hiring preference will be given to Female applicants as a BFOQ.
Reason for Announcement:
Maintain jail security including: regular patrolling of jail, monitoring surveillance equipment, completing cell inspections and searches, and conducting strip searches in accordance with State Statutes, policies, and procedures. Identify potential and/or existing problems and takes appropriate action to correct the situation. For example: recognize potential inmate conflict, intervene in disputes, mediate inmate conflict, and discipline with jail rules are violated. Book inmates including: conduct searches, photograph, fingerprint, inventory personal property, complete medical questionnaire, carefully assess rather the subject is a risk to themselves or others. Interpret and understand court paperwork including judgements of conviction, warrants, child support orders, writs, etc., understand and serve civil process papers, and escort inmates to court. Log and document accurate information relating to inmate activities, tasks performed, court appointments and appearances, maintenance issues, discipline of inmates, Huber information, and any other details necessary. Further information included on the posted job descriptions for the Jail and Patrol divisions.
- Clothing Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Health Spending Account, Health Insurance Retirement Trust Fund
- Benefit information can be found at: https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/human_resources/pay_and_benefit_information.php
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver's license
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- Good driving record
- Good physical condition
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Minimum Age:
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Physical Fitness/Agility Screening
- Psychological Examination
- Written Exam
- Hiring preference will be given to Female applicants as a BFOQ.
- All Deputies are sworn with full arrest powers.
- Employment begins in the Jail Division.
- Opportunity for transfers to Patrol Division are based on seniority.
- Candidates will be notified by email of the written exam date, time and location.
How to Apply:
411 S Center Ave
Jefferson, WI 53549