Police Department Management/Other Sworn
Columbus Police Dept
Police Sergeant, City of Columbus Police Department
Reason for Announcement:
Sergeant: Perform all duties of a regular uniformed patrol officer, with first level supervisor responsibilities. Serve as shift supervisor and coordinate shift activities. Other projects as assigned by the Chief or Lieutenants. This is a union position and eligible for overtime.
- Clothing Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- 3 floating personnel holidays.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver's license
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- Good driving record
- Good physical condition
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- Previous experience
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- U.S. citizen
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Minimum 2 years experience as full time sworn police officer in Wisconsin.
- Two year requirement may be met with 18 months full time law enforcement experience in Wisconsin AND minimum of 6 months full time military experience.
- Must be certified Wisconsin law enforcement officer.
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Physical Fitness/Agility Screening
- Psychological Examination
- Residency Required
- Vision Examination
- Written Exam
- 1 year probationary period
- Must reside within 30 miles of the City of Columbus within 6 months completion of probationary period.
- Complete essay questions on DJLE330
- Applications preferred in digital format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Columbus is a city of 5200 residents in Columbia County
- Department consists of 10 full time sworn staff and 2 full time civilian staff providing 24/7 coverage.
How to Apply:
105 N. Dickason Blvd
Columbus, WI 53925