Baldwin Police Dept
The Village of Baldwin (St. Croix County) is creating an eligibility list for anticipated growth. Submit your resume and application to be considered as a future Baldwin Police Officer.
Reason for Announcement:
The Village of Baldwin, WI (pop. 4,291) is creating an eligibility list for full-time police officer. The dept. consists of seven officers, one sergeant, an officer-in-charge and one administrative assistant who are responsible for public safety, crime prevention, ordinance enforcement, community relations, patrol, investigation of complaints, follow up, general police department duties.
Lateral Transfer Program Details:
New hire with a minimum of 5 years of law enforcement experience will be paid at rate agreed upon in the bargaining unit agreement as "first year" wage. At the successful completion of the probationary period (one year), employee will receive top pay as offered in the bargaining unit contract based on years of service in law enforcement.
- Clothing Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Education Incentive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Driver's license
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- Good driving record
- Good physical condition
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- U.S. citizen
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Minimum Age:
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Psychological Examination
- Residency Required
- Residency required - 40 miles from village limits within one year of hire.
- Resume and DJ-LE-330 required for consideration.
How to Apply:
400 Cedar St.
Baldwin, WI 54002