Intelligence Coordinator/ASSOC RESEARCHER
North Central HIDTA
The High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA) program is a federally funded law enforcement support program, emphasizing information development and sharing among law enforcement at the federal, state, tribal and local level, operating in areas determined to be critical drug-trafficking regions of the United States.
Reason for Announcement:
Under the direction of the North Central High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (NCH) Program’s Native American Drug Gang Initiative (NADGI) Coordinator and the NCH Information Sharing Initiative – the Investigative Support Center (ISC), the incumbent is responsible for the collection, evaluation, and dissemination of criminal intelligence directly related to counter-drug enforcement activities in Wisconsin’s Tribal Reservation lands by the respective participating law enforcement agencies. The incumbent’s job duties have a direct impact on the NCH ISC, law enforcement agencies participating in the NADGI, and other law enforcement agencies at the tribal, local, state, and federal levels. NOTE: The preferred candidate will have to pass a federal security clearance and criminal background check.
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Clear and concise speech
- Good driving record
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No felony convictions
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- U.S. citizen
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Four-year college degree in criminal justice or related field from an accredited college.
- Strong written communications skills as evidenced via resume.
- Evidence of coursework, training, or experience with intelligence gathering and/or analytics.
- Willingness and ability to drive to other areas of the state (WI) especially Brown County area and possessing a valid Drivers License (Reimbursed Travel).
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Oral Interviews
- Written Exam
How to Apply: