Kronenwetter Police Dept
Ongoing recruitment. In order to fill a vacancy as quickly as possible, qualified applicants may be interviewed and considered as applications are received. The department could have future vacancies arising depending on a number of factors, including whether additional staffing is authorized as part of the 2023 budget.
Reason for Announcement:
General patrol duties, respond to calls, assist the public, enforce traffic laws, investigate traffic crashes, conduct investigations, enforce federal, state, and local laws, prepare written reports, forms and other documents as required, and testify in criminal and municipal court proceedings.
Lateral Transfer Program Details:
ARTICLE 6 LATERAL ENTRY HIRES Section 1: Applicants for the position of law enforcement officer must have a minimum of 3 years full time experience as a certified law enforcement officer, at another law enforcement agency, to be considered for lateral transfer. It is understood that this service credit will play no role in establishing department seniority in any circumstance that might utilize seniority as a determining factor. Section 2: A new hire Law enforcement officer hired as a lateral transfer shall be granted a starting wage of ninety percent (90%) of the patrol officer rate for the first six (6) months, ninety-five percent (95%) of the patrol officer rate after completion of six (6) months, and the full patrol officer rate after one (1) year per the collective bargaining agreement Wage Schedule and Classification in Exhibit “A”. Section 3: A new hire law enforcement officer hired as a lateral transfer will be credited with one year of service in regards to the vacation schedule and placed in the category of earning ninety-six (96) hours of paid vacation with pay in corresponding with Article 13 – Vacation per the collective bargaining agreement. Vacation will not be able to taken until the officer has completed their field training. Section 4: A new hire law enforcement officer hired as a lateral transfer will be advanced seventy-six (76) hours of sick time, with the understanding that no additional sick time will be accrued until after the month in which the same number of sick hours would have accrued naturally.
- Clothing Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver's license
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- Good driving record
- Good physical condition
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- Previous experience
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- U.S. citizen
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Minimum Age:
- Applicants must hold current LESB certification.
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Psychological Examination
- Residency Required
- Vision Examination
- You may also e-mail Clerk Dianne Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org. Clerk Drew can be reached at 715-693-4215 with any other questions.
How to Apply:
1582 Kronenwetter Dr.
Kronenwetter, WI 54455