UW - Madison Police Dept
Are you an experienced police officer looking for a change? Come see what it is like to be a part of a diverse, state-of-the-art, award-winning police force. We are a leader in innovative, progressive policing — and we work at one of the best college campuses in the nation. Make a difference in our community by working with the best of the best – join our team at the UW-Madison Police Department. We are pleased to offer a $2,000 hiring bonus for new full-time employees! The $2,000 bonus will be paid in three phases over the course of the new hire's first year of employment.
Reason for Announcement:
Officers will have the ability to participate in all aspects of police work, from community engagement and problem-solving, athletic and special events, to criminal investigations and traffic enforcement. UWPD allows new officers to develop, and experienced officers to grow further, in a more connected way in an energetic college campus environment. We are a leader in innovative, progressive policing and we work at one of the best college campuses in the nation. Make a difference in our community by working with the best of the best join our team at the UW-Madison Police Department.
Lateral Transfer Program Details:
Police Officers currently Wisconsin certified with 3 years of full-time employment as a sworn officer will be considered for an accelerated interview and background process, training program, and shortened probationary period. If certified from another State outside of Wisconsin these cases will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Applicants with sworn law-enforcement experience, whether in Wisconsin or from another state are eligible to begin at an accelerated salary rate based on: Years of full-time law enforcement service Certification(s) Agency size Specialized training and assignments Other job related factors that would help the officer be successful in our agency
- Clothing Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Education Incentive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- https://www.ohr.wisc.edu/benefits/ - Main Benefit link
- https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/ebenefits/ - Walkthrough
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Driver's license
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- Previous experience
- U.S. citizen
- Minimum Age:
- Must be currently a Wisconsin certified Police Officer with 3 years of full-time employment as a sworn officer to take part in the accelerated hiring process.
- If certified from another State outside of Wisconsin these cases will be reviewed on a case by case basis to take part in the accelerated hiring process.
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Psychological Examination
- UWPD Police Officers have the opportunity for many specialty assignments including Community Officer, K9 Handler, Mounted Unit, Motor Unit, Athletic Liaison, Dignitary Protection Team, Evidence Technician, Inservice Instructor, Bike Unit, and more...
- Candidates with no police experience or do not meet the qualifications listed in this posting can also apply to this hiring process, but will not be considered for the accelerated program.
How to Apply:
1429 Monroe Street
Madison, WI 53711