Green County Sheriff's Office
Open Recruitment for Vacancy – Certified or Certifiable Candidates (Must Have LE Academy)
Eligibility List for Anticipated Vacancies – Candidates Must Have 60 College Credits and would be sponsored through DOJ Law Enforcement Academy in the early Spring of 2023. Must Apply by October 1, 2022 for consideration.
Starting Pay: $23.97 hourly. Additional pay for Night Shift, Field Training Officers, DOJ Instructors. Uniform and equipment provided upon hire, incentive pay for physical readiness.
Schedule: The patrol division schedule is 12 hour shifts with every other weekend (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) off.
A Deputy Sheriff is a member of the Wisconsin Professional Police Association (WPPA) Sworn Contract.
Reason for Announcement:
Traffic and criminal law enforcement, supervision of inmates, court services, and civil process. Must be available to work a 12-hour schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
Opportunities to serve on Honor Guard, SWAT, Drug Investigations, ATV Patrol, SRO, Drone Operator, Crisis Negotiator, Canine Handler, Field Training Officer and as a WI DOJ Certified Instructor.
Lateral Transfer Program Details:
Newly hired deputies who have at least three years of full-time experience as a certified law enforcement officer within the 48 months prior to hire are afforded a higher starting wage. Eligible to lateral up to the 7-year rate of pay ($27.56 per hour) and vacation time (3 weeks paid vacation). Additional pay for Night Shift, Field Training Officers, DOJ Instructors.
- Clothing Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Personal Days
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Flex Spending Account
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver's license
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- U.S. citizen
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Minimum Age:
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Physical Fitness/Agility Screening
- Psychological Examination
- Vision Examination
- Written Exam
- Residency Required - after completion of probation, within 40 miles
How to Apply:
2827 6th Street
PO Box 473
Monroe, WI 53566